Home: Ute, Navajo and Elephant Butte
Away: Amistad and Falcon
Favorite Mack's Lure Products:
Wally Pop - the bread and butter of walleye fishing with a crankbait appearance as a bonus…hard to beat. Hot Wings, Cha Chas and small Smile blades are also at the top of the list.
Pulling back bead smile blade spinners fast (2.5-3.0) in 10-15 feet of water with 3 oz. bottom bouncers, Hot Wings and bead chain swivels…seems to trigger the bigger fish.
New Mexico B.A.S.S. Federation, Sun Country Bass and various opens
Brian has been fishing competitively for 7 years. He has been giving fishing seminars and demonstrations around the Southwest for the past 8 years. Since 2007, Brian has primarily fished for bass; however his background in fishing is very diverse. Having been a guide in New Mexico for striped bass and walleye, he has a diverse knowledge of many species. Growing up in WI on the shores of Lake Michigan, Brian has experience on large and small bodies of water, fishing for everything from yellow perch to king salmon. His passion for fishing is shared through his website, ABQSportfishing.com and by his many interactions within the fishing community. His willingness to share his knowledge of the sport and products through in-person and online venues has been demonstrated for almost 10 years.
• 2011 New Mexico B.A.S.S. Federation State Team member
• 2011 – One win and two top ten finishes through April
• 5 Top Tens and 2 Wins in 2010
• 2009 Sun Country Bass Angler of the Year and West Points Champion
• 13 Top Tens and 1 Win in 2009
• Three-time Cabela’s National Team Walleye Championship Qualifier
• 2006 NM Governors Cup Walleye Champion
• Pro Staff: ABQ Sportfishing, Mercury, D&M Marine, Genesis Signs, Pure Fishing (Trilene, Berkley, Spiderwire, Abu Garcia), Navionics, St. Croix Rods, Charlie’s Sporting Goods, Mack’s Lure
• Promotional Relationships: Loc R Bar, Humminbird, Minn Kota, Oakley
Favorite Fishing Technique:
Crankbaits, jigs and TX rigs for bass. Trolling Wally Pops and crankbaits for walleye.
Favorite Promotional Event:
Local Seminars and Sport Shows.
We have been focusing primarily on the bass in NM and West TX since 2007. We still fish for walleye and striper when we have the time, but tournaments take up the majority of our time and the rest is spent with family. Alexi, now 7, has a blast fishing for bass and walleye and is proving to be a good instinctual angler. We may even do a few open tournaments together in 2011. You can follow our tourney progress at www.abqsportfishing.com Good Fishing!